Me and my Ma have been talking a lot of the Big Smoke, down South. Nothing is booked yet but have a few good ideas of what I would like to do whilst we are there. Mr C mentioned that there is a site called airbnb, which lets out accomodation, private rooms or shared rooms – which might work our better than a hotel and far more cheaper. I found one in the Shoreditch area, which looks fairly decent and is in a nice central area too. My Ma is really interested in doing a intensive diploma course in Floral Art. It’s a five day course which leaves me with the thought of exploring London and it’s hidden treasures. I thought about doing a metal clay course at the London School of Jewellery, whilst I’m down (note to self: must check out dates with courses!!) I’m already getting a bucket list of things to do and suss out.
1. Wahaca – this is a must if you like mexican street food, i love the flavours and the vibe. Anytime I’m in London I have to go at least once.
2. Food Markets – just to feel the buzz and smell the aromas. i love trying out things at stalls, especially food!
3. Recently found out thanks to Tom Kerridges’ Proper Pub Food on BBC2, which is on Monday nights and is a feast for the eayes and then a torture for the stomach (hungry all over again)!!! There is a small stall on Maltby Street which sells Salt Beef on a massive sandwich. I think this happens on a Saturday and I have to get in QUICK!
3. Covent Garden – I like the vibe of this area, lots of twee shops including the Ladurée, which sells devine macarons! Hopefully I will catch the market and see what it has in store!
4. Ms. Cupcake – Vegan cupcakes and cakes galore. This very highly rated on Yelp! and I have just bought her book and it’s filled with recipes and stunning pictures. I’m eager to taste the cupcakes! The shop is based in Brixton.