I recommend these Little Gems:
- Holyrood 9a – Really tasty burger as well as the sweet potato fries.
- Burger – Fountainbridge or Shandwick Place – I like the chilli fries and the burgers are just as scrumptious!
- Burger Meets Bun – Not always on the menu but do get the pulled pork croquettes if you can. If you can’t you can still eat a delicious burger!
- Five Guys, Fort Kinnaird – not a gourmet burger but still a tasty dirty burger
Need a meal out? Check these places out:
- Really enjoyed every bite at Timberyard, Lady Lawson Street.
- Field EDINBURGH, West Nicolson Street – Here the cuisine is Scottish and the menu let alone is tasty! Great food, service and YES, I will be back!
- The Ondine, George IV Bridge – Seafood on the posh side, but well worth the bucks!
- The Paper Mill, Lasswade – I’ve been here a few times now, both with friends and family. They are great for lunch and dinner or a coffee and cake.
- Castle Terrace, Edinburgh – Had the taster menu here on our 6th year wedding anniversary and I am still dreaming about the petite fours!
- The Sun Inn, Lothianbridge, Dalkeith – always greeted with a warm welcome and it’s a favourite with the family. Food is always tasty and the desserts are sublime!
- Treacle, Broughton Street – Yummy pies and brilliant deep-fried brioche filled with jam!
- Cafe Andaluz, George Street – Tapas and good it is.
- Harajuku Kitchen, Bruntsfield – First time was excellent and I tend to take Mr. C back with me. Yes, it was that good! Their Dumplings are delicious!
Cocktails & (other) Drinks
- Panda & Son’s, which is very quirky & you get a great cocktail with theatre!
- Another Place for a great cocktail is Juniper, Princes Street – nice chunky potato chips too!
- Devils Advocate – Advocates Close, It’s fairly new and down a few steps, my first visit was for Yelp Edinburgh’s 3rd Birthday Party! Would love to come back and try the menu, the pulled pork has me pulled!
- Sofi’s Bar, Henderson St, Leith – Quirky and Cosy Bar – very nice!
Out of Town (but worth a trip!)
- The Lobster Shack, North Berwick – OMG – This has to be the best finds ever! Take a harbour scene, a hut and some fresh lobster and you have this! Delicious Lobster served with side salad, chips and a lovely sauce 🙂
- The Tyningham Coffee & Gift Shop, East Lothian – A little gem! Small but has a brilliant little package! Lovely gift shop and delicious Homemade cakes, soups and sandwiches!
- Steampunk Coffee, North Berwick take advantage of the sun and sit outside with a delicious cake & coffee! You can also catch them at Stockbridge Market, Edinburgh on Sundays!
- The Community Bakery, Dunbar – This is just utterly THE Best bakery in the world!
- The salads and quiches at The Secret Herb Garden, Pentlands are delicious and fill the hole with delight 😀
It’s all about the CAKE!
- Falko Konditormeister, 185 Bruntsfield Place – Yummy Cakes and Hot Chocolate
- Cuckoo’s Bakery, Dundas Street and now at Bruntsfield! – My favourite cupcake stop!
- Leo’s Beanery, 23a Howe St – Wonderful Carrot cake and nice Flat white, on another visit I indulge in a peppermint slice – marvellous!
- For my favourite scone stop, It has to be Project Coffee, Bruntsfield with a flat white 😉
My favourite lunch stops:
- Hula Juice Bar, Victoria Street – Superb smoothies and good staple food! Well valued and delivered! My favourite bite is the wrap & soup deal = great value.
- Leo’s Beanery, 23a Howe St – Wonderful carrot cake and nice flat white, on another visit I indulge in a peppermint slice – marvellous!
- The Beach Cafe, Promenade/Bath Street, Portobello – Delicious panini’s and you can sit outside on the promenade, providing it a sunny day.
- Just sampled The Hideout, Queen Charlotte Street, Leith and have to say the toasted hummus & veg wrap is delicious!
Still to Sample!
- The Kitchin, Commercial Quay, Leith
- The Blackbird, Tollcross
- Taco Mazama, Hanover Street
- Cross & Corner, Canonmills Area
- Word of Mouth, Leith
- 21212, Calton Hill
- Scran & Scallie, Stockbridge
- Port of Siam, Broughton Street
- Three Birds, Bruntsfield
- C-Shack- opposite Newhaven Harbour
- Wings Edinburgh, Old Fishmarket Close
…. Plus lots more!